+88 01711 431308
Category: 3. The renaissance period
1. Which one of the following is the first long poem in English?
Dream of the Road
2. Who is considered to be the father of English prose?
King Alfred the Great
3. A foregone conclusion' means -
An uneasy situation
An anticipated result
4. Students think for a bit before answering. Here 'A bit' means -
5. Dr. Faustus' was written by -
6. Edmund Spenser is a ___.
7. One of the following plays is not a tragedy -
8. Shakespeare wrote -
Lord of the Flies
The Riders to the Sea
A Passage to India
A Mid Summer Nights Dream
9. William Shakespeare authored -
Pride & Prejudice
Waiting for Godot
Sound of Music
Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner
10. The meaning of the idiom 'ABC' is -
11. Fill in the blank. '___' is Shakespeare's last play.
As You Like It
12. Find out the correct meaning of 'A hard nut to crack' -
13. "Fraility, thy name is women" is a famous dialogue from -
14. Which is known as Shakespeare's swansong?
15. Who translated 'The New Testament'?
16. The 'Utopia' is a/an -
17. Who wrote 'The Tempest'?
18. John Donne was a -
A romantic poet
A didatic poet
A satirecal poet
A metaphysical poet
19. The poet Robert Herrick requests the daffodils to wait till -
The morning player
The evening prayer
The noon prayer
20. A fall guy is -
A silly person
One who has been betrayed
An irresponsible person